go to HOME PAGE
FLYING WOLVERINES RADIO CONTROL CLUB
Affiliated with the
Academy of Model Aeronautics
ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of the organization shall be; The Flying Wolverines Radio Control Club.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to further the advancement of radio controlled model aircraft in all of its aspects as a hobby.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
- All persons living in or near Mt. Clemens, MI shall be elgible
for active membership providing that:
- The applicant is a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
- The applicant is 16 years of age or over.
- The applicant is introduced by a member and is sponsored by
a qualified member of the club.
- A waiver of the above eligibility requirements, if needed,
is to be obtained from the membership at any regular meeting.
- Types of membership
- Active members:
Members duly elected into the membership and in good
standing with dues paid.
- SENIOR MEMBER: One who is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- JUNIOR MEMBER: One who is under sixteen (16) or between sixteen
and eighteen (18) and sponsored by an adult member.
- New Member.
A new member is one of the following:
- One who has never been a member of this organization.
- A prior member who has been out of this club for at least three (3) years.
ARTICLE IV - TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership will be terminated by:
- Members own request.
- Allowing his yearly dues to become overdue. (See by-laws, Article II)
- Request as a result of a vote of two-thirds of active members present at a
regularly scheduled club meeting, provided subject member has been duly notified
and given an opportunity to plead his case at a regularly scheduled club meeting.
ARTICLE V - OFFICERS
- The officers of the club shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary
- The term of office shall be one (1) year.
- Duties of the club officers shall be as follows:
- The President shall be the the senior officer of the club and preside at
all club meetings.
The President shall have the authority to convene special meetings of the
club, at such times as he deems necessary.
- Vice President:
- The Vice President shall act in the capacity of an assistant President and
shall assume the duties of any other club officer in their absence.
- The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of the attendance and minutes of
each club meeting.
- He shall be responsible for all club correspondence and club sponsored contest
- He shall also serve as the club Ballot Officer.
- He shall also publish a club mailing roster yearly.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for collecting and recording all dues,
fees and assessments levied by the club.
- He shall also keep all records of disbursements made by the club.
- He shall have the responsibility of writing checks for the club and for
making all banking deposits for the club.
- The Treasurer is authorized to receive contributions of specially obtained
grants, donations or bequests from individual institutions or estates, and
hold same in the name of the club to be used for either endowment purposes
or operating expenses.
- He is also responsible for meeting all financial obligations of the club.
- The Treasurer is responsible for making a financial report to the membership
at the regularly scheduled meeting of the club each month.
- He is responsible for member notification of delinquent dues.
- Any vacancy in any office shall be filled by a regular election, subject
to the rules governing such an election. Such election shall take place at the
first regularly scheduled meeting following the vacancy.
ARTICLE VI - ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- The nominations shall take place at the first meeting in November and ballots
shall be mailed to members. Elections of club officers shall take place at the first
scheduled meeting of the club in December.
- The new club officers shall assume office during the first club meeting
- The election of officers will be by secret ballot, a plurality of votes will determine
- Effective January 1, 1972, any member to be elgible for a position of officer must be
on the membership roles for a minimum of 12 months prior to his or her taking office.
(See Amendment II>)
ARTICLE VII - VOTING
- Only active senior members are elgible to vote.
- All voting on financial matters and special assessments shall require a two-thirds
(2/3) vote of no less than half (1/2) of the active membership.
- All other club business not herein referred to, shall require a majority vote of
ARTICLE VIII - BUSINESS
- The order of business shall be:
- Finacial report of the Treasurer.
- Reading of previous meeting minutes.
- Voting in of new members.
- Old business.
- New business.
- In the event an item of business, proposed issue or amendment cannot be acted upon due to insufficient membership present, any number of members present at a particular meeting may vote to have a proposed issue, item or business or amendment mailed as a ballot for vote by the general membership. The wording of the item of business, or proposed issue, are determined by the attending membership. Any action taken will be final and not subject to recall.
ARTICLE IX - AMENDMENTS
Amendments to this constitution may be made as follows:
- Voting on any amendment will require a majority vote (of members present) for
- The approval of at least two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members is necessary
for ratification by the membership.
- ARTICLE VII.2 is rescinded. Voting on all financial matters shall be done at regular or special meetings and shall require a majority vote for passage.
- ARTICLE VI.4 The elgibility period is changed from 12 months to 6 months.
ARTICLE I - MEETINGS
Regular meetings of the club shall be called to order by the President, the first
Monday of the month at 7:00 P.M.
ARTICLE II - DUES
- Membership dues:
A one-time payment shall be paid by the February meeting of the fiscal year -Or- by the second regularly scheduled club meeting (30 days) for any new member.
- Senior member (18 and over) dues shall be as per membership application form.
- Junior member (16 and over, but under 18) dues shall be $15.00.
- Junior member (under 16) shall not be required to pay any dues.
- Partial dues:
Partial dues will be accepted from new member accordingly:
- New members joining before August 1 of the fiscal year shall pay full yearly dues as per membership application form.
- New members joining after July 31 of the fiscal year shall pay one-half (1/2) yearly dues as per membership form.
- Refunding of dues:
Refunding of dues for any member leaving the club for any reason after having paid the dues is not permitted unless such a refund is decided, by plurality at a regular or special meeting, by the voting membership.
- Special assessments may be levied. (see ARTICLE VII, paragraph II of the CONSTITUTION). Assessments to be paid 30 days after passing by the membership. Failure to pay assessments is cause for termination of membership under ARTICLE IV, paragraph C., of the CONSTITUTION.
- Members who have allowed their dues to become past due will be terminated as outlined in Article IV,I,B. In order to be reinstated, and regain club voting and flying privileges, they will be required to pay an additional $20.00 along with the full normal yearly amount due.
ARTICLE III - FUNDS
In the event of club disbandment, all funds and properties liquidated will be donated to an organization voted on by majority of the membership.
- The club officers may at their discretion spend up to one hundred dollars ($100.00) each for the benefit of the club. Any amount over one hundred dollars ($100.00) must have prior approval of members present at regular meetings. See ARTICLE VII, paragraph III, of the CONSTITUTION).
ARTICLE IV - MEMBERSHIP LIMITATION
Limit of 75 is put on the number of members permitted into the club each year.
ARTICLE V - FISCAL YEAR
The club fiscal year shall commence on the first of January and end on the thirty-first of December.
ARTICLE VI - AMENDMENTS
Amendments to these BY-LAWS may be made at any regular club meeting as follows:
A quorum of half of the membership is necessary for the vote of an amendment. The approval of at least two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members is necessary for ratification of an amendment.